The Salem City Council unanimously approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Mission Street Parks Conservancy on Monday, July 12. The MOU provides the Conservancy with its “operating license” in Bush’s Pasture Park. The agreement’s main features include:
- A recognition that Bush’s Pasture Park is and will remain a City park
- A city employee will serve on the MSPC Board
- MSPC will submit an annual work plan for the City’s review and approval
- MSPC will play a leadership role on the day-to-care of the park’s plant material
- A commitment to jointly development management materials for the park.
You can read the MOU here.