How It Works
- You designate a particular asset or a percentage of your estate to MSPC by including a bequest provision in your will or revocable trust. You can do this while creating your will or trust, or you can amend an existing one with a simple document. MSPC can be either a primary or a contingent beneficiary.
- If you plan to restrict the use of your bequest (designating to a specific area or program), you contact MSPC while drafting your will or trust to ensure your wishes can be met.
- You inform MSPC of your commitment, which helps for planning and ensures your wishes can be fulfilled.
- The MSPC receives the gift after your lifetime and applies it to the purpose(s) you specified. At MSPC, unrestricted charitable gifts are used to support our top maintenance priorities.
- Your distribution is fully deductible for federal estate tax purposes, and there is no limit on the deduction your estate can claim. In addition, the gift is usually exempt from state inheritance taxes.
Mission Street Parks Conservancy, a nonprofit corporation, organized and existing under the laws of the State of Oregon, with principal business address of 600 Mission Street SE, Salem, OR, 97302.
Our tax identification number is: 82-4825356.