MSPC has a number of projects under way, and one project under consideration. In order for a project under consideration to move forward, it requires a detailed concept approved by our board, funding, the approval of the City’s Public Works Department and, potentially, other City agencies.
The Terrace Landscape and Rehabilitation Project
MSPC is preparing a proposal to submit to the City’s Bush Pasture Park master plan process that would make several improvements to an area immediately east and south of the Bush House conservatory, including the nearby parking lot.
The proposed project include:
- Cleaning up and opening the neglected area between the conservatory and the parking lot
- Installation of paths, plant material, and chairs and tables in this neglected area
- Improvements to the garden paths surfaces north of the conservatory to improve
access for people who use mobility aids or who use strollers
- A small open-air classroom made of native stone on the slopping grass area east
of the conservatory and above the derby track
- Improvements to the hillside path that runs from the derby track to the parking lot
- Landscape rehabilitation and improvement along this hillside path
- Suggested changes to the parking lot to improve circulation and provide shade
We are working with designers at CB|Two Architects, a local firm, to maximize the accessibility of any adopted improvements to park-goers who use mobility aids, child
strollers, and similar devices.
The Conservancy is prepared to raise funds to pay for some of these improvements if the City adopts the proposal or components of it.
MSPC submitted part of this proposal to the City earlier this year. The City declined to consider the proposal outside of the imminent master plan process.
The master plan process is expected to begin in January 2020 or shortly afterwards and conclude before the end of 2020.